Website Privacy Notice
Last updated on 06/11/2021
Executive Director Incorporated (“EDI” or “we”) has a strong commitment to privacy. This statement outlines the policies and procedures concerning how we collect personal information through our website (“our Website”) and how we use and share such information.
Please read this Privacy Notice carefully to understand how we treat your personal information and what choices and rights you have in this regard. If you do not agree with the terms and conditions of this Notice, you should not access or use our Website or our services. By using our Website, you acknowledge on behalf of yourself and any organization you represent that you have read and understand the contents of this Notice.
Additional information which addresses requirements of the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) and certain other applicable privacy laws is set forth below in the Section entitled “Rights and Responsibilities under Certain Privacy Laws.” If you are a resident of the EU or the state of California, please refer to said Section of this Privacy Notice.
This Privacy Notice applies to information we collect:
- On our Website.
- In email and other electronic messages between you and our Website.
- When you interact with us in another way - for example, contacting us with an inquiry through our “Contact Us” form on our Website.
We may modify this Privacy Notice from time to time (see the Section entitled “Changes to This Notice”, below), so please check this Notice periodically for updates. If any questions arise about the meaning or interpretation of this Privacy Notice, the English-language version of this Notice is the official text.
Collecting and Using User Information
If you elect to provide information that personally identifies you, such as your name, employer name and title, mailing address or phone number, we will collect, use and share it pursuant to this Privacy Notice and applicable law. We collect information in different ways from those who access our Website. We primarily use this information to provide a customized experience as you use our Website and do not share this information with third parties, though we may disclose such information if we have received your permission beforehand or in special circumstances, such as when we believe that such disclosure is required by law, or in other special cases described below.
Our Website has a “Contact Us” form for users to request information and services (the “Contact Us” Form). We collect users’ contact information—which, as stated above, consists of (and is generally limited to) the user’s name, employer name, title, and email address and an opportunity to provide additional information of your choosing, such as your street address and telephone number--through this “Contact Us” Form. Collected information is used to contact the user regarding the matter addressed in the “Contact Us” Form and to provide the user with information about us, including promotional materials. As more fully described elsewhere in this Privacy Notice, users may opt out of receiving future communications at any time by emailing an opt-out request to email@example.com.
Additionally, be aware that if you visit non-EDI websites where you are prompted to log in or that are customizable, you may be required to accept cookies. Third parties and other non-EDI websites may also use their own cookies. We do not control use of these cookies and expressly disclaim responsibility for information collected through them.
Finally, we may occasionally enable and implement various analytic tools, such as Google Analytics, which is an analytics tool provided by Google to collect and process collected information and data consisting of certain telematics about your use of our Website. Google sets and reads cookies to collect such Collected Data and your web browser will automatically send such collected information and data to Google. Google stores and uses this data to provide us with reports that we use to improve the Website’s structure and content. For more information on Google Analytics, please see www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
When you visit our Website, we automatically collect information from your browser or your mobile device, such as Internet Protocol (IP) address or unique device identifier, cookies, and data about which pages you visit in order to allow us to operate and provide the website and our services. This information is used for the purposes described in “Use of Personal Information”, below.
If you receive email communications from us, we may use certain tools to capture data related to when you open our messages and click on hyperlinks or banners it may contain. We use this information internally to enhance and support our marketing and sales operations.
When you provide us with your personal information through our “Contact Us” Form on our Website, or through social media or other online survey tools and platforms, we or third parties operating those tools, platforms or social media sites, may collect your social media handle or profile, and/or any other identifier that you use to be contacted online or offline. This information may also include personally identifiable and business information and whatever information or comments you may post on such platforms, but only to the extent that you voluntarily provide it to us. Anything you post on a social media platform or site is public information and will not be treated confidentially. Your use of social media platforms is governed by the privacy policies and terms of the third parties that own and operate those platforms and not by this Policy. We encourage you to review those policies and terms.
Use of Personal Information
In addition to the uses described above, we use the personal information collected in an effort to improve your experience on our Website, to provide services to you, and to communicate with you about the information you have requested. We may also use personal information to help target specific offers to you and to help us develop and improve our Website and services. Additionally, we may use your personal information in the following ways:
- To provide you with services you have requested and to manage our relationship with you, including taking any other steps necessary to the performance of our business relationship with you;
- To present and improve website contact and functionality;
- To determine user interests, needs and preferences;
- To provide notice of changes to our Website or the services we offer or provide through it;
- To conduct research and analysis;
- To develop new products and services;
- To manage and maintain the security of our Website and services; and
- To provide you with information about our services.
We do not sell, rent, or lease our customer lists or other information obtained through our Website to third parties.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We use commercially reasonable technical and organizational measures to help secure your personal information and prevent it from being lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized manner, altered or disclosed during collection, storage, and processing. While our security measures seek to protect your personal information in our possession, no security system is perfect and we cannot guarantee that your personal information will remain absolutely secure in all circumstances or that any privacy settings or security measures contained on our Website cannot be circumvented.
We use SSL/TLS encryption to protect the transmission of Website data. An encrypted connection is designated by a lock symbol in the browser address bar. The “Contact Us” Form data is transmitted from the web server to EDI by regular email. While email is convenient, it does pose some risks (e.g., email is not a secure form of communication, is unreliable, can be forwarded, etc.).
If a security breach causes an unauthorized intrusion into our Website or systems that compromises your data, we will notify you and any applicable regulator only if required under applicable law.
Access From Outside the United States
Our Website is operated and maintained by us from the United States. If you access our Website from outside the United States, please be aware that any personal information from you will be transferred to, stored in, and processed in the United States.
Access to and Updating Your Personal Information
If you wish to access or update your personal information as it exists in our records, use our “Contact Us” Form to update your information.
Our Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. EDI does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on our Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, telephone number, email address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personally identifiable information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at the toll-free telephone number set forth at the end of this Privacy Notice.
Links to Other Sites
Our Website may contain links to other websites. EDI is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements and terms and conditions of each website that collects your personal information.
Changes to This Notice
You may opt out of receiving future communications from us at any time by emailing an opt-out request to email@example.com or calling us at the toll-free telephone number set forth at the end of this Privacy Notice. You may also request that we delete any personal information that we have collected from you, subject to exceptions as permitted by law. For further information regarding these and other rights you may have, please see the Section of this Privacy Notice entitled “Rights and Responsibilities Under Applicable Privacy Laws,” below.
Rights and Responsibilities Under Applicable Privacy Laws
EDI recognizes principles and requirements under applicable state, federal and foreign laws (including, without limitation, the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) adopted by the European Union, the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), and the California Privacy Rights Act (“CPRA”) pertaining to privacy of information (collectively, “Privacy Directives”). Certain of the provisions set out below are addressed in previous sections of this Privacy Notice, but are nonetheless set forth below to the extent that they have particular application with respect to the requirements of applicable Privacy Directives.
We will undertake to comply with Privacy Directives with a view to ensuring that all information is:
- fairly and lawfully processed (for purposes of this Section, “processing” means any operation which is performed on personal information, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction);
- obtained and used solely for specific and clearly stated purposes;
- adequate, relevant, and not excessive;
- accurate and up-to-date;
- not kept for longer than necessary;
- processed in accordance with your rights;
- secure; and
- not transferred to other parties without adequate protection.
- Right to Request Information:
- You have the right to request the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected.
- We collect the following:
- The categories of personal information we collect include identifiers, as discussed in more detail in Section 4.a., below.
- We do not sell or share any information we collect, except as described in “Disclosure of Personal Information”, above.
- We do not collect sensitive personal information within the meaning of the CPRA.
- We intend to retain each category of personal information for as long as reasonably necessary for the purposes for which the information was collected, but in no event longer than 2 years.
- We do not engage in automated decision-making.
- Right to Request Deletion of Personal Information: You have the right to request that we delete any personal information that we have collected from you, subject to exceptions as permitted by law. Although we generally do not disclose any personal information to third parties, in the event that we do so in accordance with this Privacy Notice and such request is made as to information we have disclosed, we will notify such third party of your deletion request.
- Right to Correct:
- You have the right to request that we correct inaccurate personal information. If the personal information you have provided to us changes, please let us know. For instance, if your email address changes, you wish to cancel any request you have made of us, or if you become aware of inaccurate personal information about you, use our “Contact Us” Form to update your information.
- Right to Know and Access What Personal Information is Being Collected:
- The categories of personal information collected includes identifiers, such as your contact information, consisting of the user’s name, email address and name of employer.
- The categories of sources from which personal information is collected includes our Website, email, and other electronic messages between you and our Website. We also collect personal information when you interact with us in another way, such as by contacting us in writing or orally with an inquiry, including through the use of the “Contact Us” form on our Website.
- The purposes for collecting your personal information are as follows:
- Contact information from the “Contact Us” Form is used to contact the user and to provide you with information about us, including promotional materials.
- We use the personal information we collect as described in the Section entitled “Use of Personal Information,” above.
- The categories of third parties to whom we may disclose personal information pursuant to this Privacy Notice (and subject to the restrictions set forth herein) include third-party vendors, service providers, suppliers, consultants and agents (including Website management and hosting, marketing, and email services), and to the extent of any such disclosure required under applicable law, governmental, administrative and judicial bodies and instrumentalities.
- If we collect your personal information, you have the right to request the following:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected.
- The purpose for collecting the personal information.
- The categories of third parties to whom it is disclosed.
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
- Right to Access What Information Has Been Collected If We Sell or Share:
- We have not sold or shared, within the meaning of the CPRA, consumers’ personal information.
- We have disclosed personal information for a business purpose to the categories of persons described in section 4(d), above. The categories of personal information we have disclosed include identifiers, as described in section 4(a), above.
- Right to Not be Discriminated Against: We will not discriminate against you if you exercise any of the rights referenced in the policy. We will not deny you services, charge you different prices, provide a different level of quality, suggest that you will receive a different price or level of quality, or retaliate against you or any employee, applicant, or independent contractor for exercising rights.
To exercise your rights as described in this Privacy Notice, or to ask questions or make any comments about this Privacy Notice or EDI’s privacy practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-866-723-0678.
Our mailing address is:
Executive Director Incorporated
555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100
Milwaukee, WI 53202-3823 USA