Practice Parameters Manager, AAAAI/ACAAI
Responsible for detailed management of the practice parameters process from inception to completion/publication. Includes all aspects of the project including requesting permission of sponsoring societies for subject and budget approval and literature reviews.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES (Minimum of 37.5 hours/week)
- Coordinate meetings and conference calls of the Practice Parameters Task Force and each writing group.
- Work with Task Force Chairs to identify Practice Parameters that need to be updated.
- Work with Task Force Chairs to identify potential new Practice Parameters.
- Forward any requests for Practice Parameter updates from sponsoring societies to the Task Force Chairs.
- Forward any requests for new Practice Parameters from sponsoring societies to the Task Force Chairs.
- Provide literature reviews for any updated or new Practice Parameters.
- Develop and monitor budget for all Practice Parameters.
- Work with methodologist if needed for Practice Parameters.
- Work with appropriate entities within sponsoring organizations to vet authors of any Practice Parameters for conflicts of interest.
- Coordinate approval of all authors for Practice Parameters with sponsoring organizations.
- Work with journal editors and publishers for publication.
- Maintain all needed files and systems to track project status, including tracking communication between the Task Force and the AAAAI/ACAAI.
- Track and log Practice Parameters with the National Guidelines Clearinghouse.
- Monitor changes in policy at the National Guidelines Clearinghouse.
- Participate in evening and weekend conference calls as needed.
AMOUNT OF TRAVEL REQUIRED:
- Travel of up to two weeks per year. Some evening and weekend work required.
- Education – Bachelor’s degree in a biologic science preferred.
- Experience – Previous experience in conducting scientific literature reviews preferred.
- Outstanding interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.