Membership and Communications Manager, ACMS
The Membership and Communications Manager is responsible for the management and execution of client communications/public relations/marketing activities, as well as membership administration activities related to the organizations and their strategic plans.
- Manage the membership application and review process for the client organizations, which includes determining membership eligibility, coordinating all materials for review by the Membership Committee, committee minutes and reports to the Board of Directors, and mailing of new member packets
- Guide Administrative Coordinator in membership dues invoicing and payments
- Maintain membership databases with accurate membership records and committee rosters
- Propose and manage activities related to membership recruitment, retention, and benefits
- Lead development of the annual ACMS membership directory
- Serve as staff liaison to the ACMS Nominating Committee, which involves management of the nomination process for the ACMS Board of Directors
- Maintain the Surgeon Finder function of the ACMS websites
- Manage updates to bylaws and implement necessary changes
- In conjunction with the Senior Communications and Membership Manager, manage full spectrum of clients’ digital communications, including planning and implementing aspects of the strategic plan as they relate to websites and social media
- Perform day-to-day content updates to client websites and manage optimization and analytics/reporting for all sites; work with internal staff and/or outside vendors on content/keyword/usability strategy
- Develop and implement promotional strategies/campaigns that generate traffic to client websites, including use of SEO and digital advertising campaigns
- Manage client broadcast e-mails, advertising and promotional communication schedules
AMOUNT OF TRAVEL REQUIRED: 3-5 days per year. Some weekend and evening work may be required.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Bachelor’s degree required. Excellent written and oral communication skills with exceptional interpersonal skills. Accuracy and attention to detail. Advanced computer skills including familiarity with Microsoft Office, Web browsers, and social media platforms. Excellent proofreading skills required; prior copy editing experience preferred. Strong organizational and planning skills. Ability to prioritize and manage simultaneous tasks and project timelines and demonstrated abilities to meet multiple deadlines. Some experience interacting with volunteer committees and/or Boards of Directors desired but not required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Frequent physical demands include: communication by seeing, talking, listening and writing; sitting; standing; walking; and using keyboard for word processing needs. Equipment typically utilized frequently includes computer, telephone, printer, copier, fax and calculator.