Membership and Communications Coordinator, WDS
GENERAL SUMMARY: Provides membership, communication, and administrative assistance to WDS. Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Membership & Communications Coordinator is responsible for the WDS membership application and renewal process as well as the general oversight of WDS communications and marketing activities related to the mission and strategic plan. Handles most membership activities as well as all paper and electronic communications. This position works closely with the Executive Director of WDS in managing client projects and programs and implementing activities that further WDS objectives. Liaises with various committees as assigned to provide assistance and support. Provides assistance to and works with other staff in all areas of client activities. Implements specific administrative projects as assigned. Some evening or weekend work may be necessary during busy times.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinates all aspects of membership management. Maintains membership database changes and management, report creation, website updates. Supports Executive Director and other staff with membership related functions such as general letters and other communications;
- Coordinate annual dues invoicing process;
- Liaise with EDI Information Services Dept. for reports on entry of new members and membership renewals;
- Answer information calls regarding WDS related programs and activities; monitoring the general email account and checking the night voicemail box;
- Assist Executive Director with providing administrative support to WDS leadership;
- Develop and direct a marketing communications strategy that supports the mission and strategic objectives of WDS. This includes print, web, social media and mainstream media;
- Maintain editorial, graphic and branding standards for all WDS communications;
- Assist in the development and manage the day-to-day WDS social media program (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.) including content updates, announcements, networking and outcome measurements regarding these programs;
- Work with Executive Director to write broadcast emails, President's Letters to the membership, and additional communications;
- Work with the Executive Director regarding the development of press releases and media alerts related to key WDS initiatives, and serve as a point of contact with the media;
- Coordinate the management of media records and reports, and recommend strategies to enhance PR opportunities;
- Direct day-to-day content and visual elements of www.womensderm.org and manage the analytics for all sites;
- In conjunction with the Executive Director, prepare communications-related project proposals and budgets, assist in their approval process, and retain budgetary responsibility for their implementation and completion;
- Serve as staff liaison to assigned committee(s), collaborating with committee chair(s), arranging conference calls, and providing regular updates to committee chair(s);
- Maintenance of all aspects of the website including posting announcements of events and general updates, as well as monitoring and maintaining social media sites;
- Attend related society events to assist onsite as needed;
- Other duties as assigned.
AMOUNT OF TRAVEL REQUIRED: Approximately 1-2 weeks per year. Some weekend and evening work may be required.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Bachelor’s degree preferred; excellent organizational and communication skills; team player; ability to prioritize varied assignments and handle multiple projects; proficiency in Word, PowerPoint; knowledge of Excel, iMIS and Outlook.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: (lifting, packaging, etc.) Minimal lifting required – usually at meetings or while exhibiting. Ability to move quickly within meeting facilities.