GENERAL SUMMARY: This position works closely with the Executive Director to ensure successful planning for the implementation of the ACNS Annual Meeting & Courses, Fall Courses, and various small meetings as well as the ACMEGS Course and Conference. Moreover, the position implements activities that further the association’s objectives, liaises with committees as assigned to provide assistance and support, and manages membership recruitment and retention plans.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES (Minimum of 37.5 hours/week):
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Development and maintenance of administrative timelines in consultation with the Executive Director.
2. Management and oversight of the ACNS Annual Meeting & Courses, Fall Courses, ACMEGS meetings, and other educational
programs. This includes, but is not limited to the following:
· Working with Executive Director to develop and manage meeting budgets;
· Assistance in the development and analysis of meeting marketing strategies; Oversees creation and lay out of
promotional materials including but not limited to marketing, design, and development of annual conference website,
preliminary and final programs, broadcast emails, print and web advertising, etc.;
· Assist with development of educational programs as necessary, working with Program and Course Committees to
schedule sessions and assign meeting space;
· Management of speaker databases, invitations, confirmation, requirements, and reimbursement processes in accordance
with ACCME guidelines and ACNS/ACMEGS policies;
· Oversight of pre-registration and onsite registration for all meetings;
· Management of onsite meeting logistics, including catering and AV requirements;
· Onsite management of sponsors/exhibitors;
· Contracting outside vendors for exhibition decorating, audio-visual, catering, security, freight services and temporary staff
· Provide direction for outside vendors to ensure adherence to budget and quality service;
· Shipping and inventory of meeting materials;
· Facilitate preparation, distribution and tabulation of program evaluations;
· When appropriate, implement and maintain compliance with any relevant ACCME guidelines through the application of
appropriate design, methodology and assessment. Ensure all activities are in compliance with funder Letters of
3. Directs and manages membership processes, including:
· Prompt processing of membership applications and annual dues renewal processing and invoicing;
· Maintaining membership records, database and online membership directory on an ongoing basis;
· Creation of monthly membership reports for the related Membership Committees;
· Liaise with the ACNS/ACMEGS Membership Committee to develop effective strategies for membership recruitment and
· Assist in development of member satisfaction and exit surveys, as needed.
· Liaise with EDI Information Services Dept. for data entry and reports as needed.
4. Perform duties as required to assist the Executive Director in implementing the Strategic Plan developed by the Council or
Board of Directors.
5. Assist in editing efforts for ACNS/ACMEGS documents.
6. Provide updated information for the ACNS and ACMEGS website, as needed.
7. Other duties as assigned.
AMOUNT OF TRAVEL REQUIRED: Approximately 2 weeks per year, including some evenings and weekends.
· Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· Experience in meeting planning and computer proficiency desired.
· Detail-oriented with outstanding organizational and critical thinking skills.
· Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
· Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a small team environment.
· Ability to prioritize varied assignments and handle multiple projects.
· Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: (lifting, packaging, etc.) Minimal lifting required. Ability to move quickly within meeting facilities.