Administrative Program Coordinator, MDS
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Administrative Program Coordinator provides educational program and administrative support to the International Parkinson and Movement Disorder Society (MDS) leadership, the Assistant Director of Education and the Associate Executive Director in the coordination of the MDS education programs and related leadership activities. This position is responsible for the coordination of assigned programs and other initiatives, in keeping with the strategic plan and objectives set forth by MDS.
- Coordinate general educational programs and related activities, designated committees, and/or task forces and other initiatives, as assigned;
- Provide back up as necessary to the Education Coordinator with program development and meeting planning activities, including, but not limited to, developing comprehensive budgets for assigned projects, identifying possible program venues, negotiating contracts with vendors, providing direction for venue and hotel contacts, coordinating logistics, inviting faculty, organizing speaker travel, shipping of program materials, and tabulating program evaluations;
- Support Education team with Outreach activities, Visiting Travel grants, 3 month course evaluations and course travel grants as requested and/or assigned.
- Work with Associate Executive Director to ensure program compliance with accreditation guidelines for educational programs and tracking in PARS;
- Work with Associate Executive Director on Congress responsibilities assigned to Education team
- Research and gather information and work with a variety of individuals to develop initiatives and projects;
- Handle related MDS administrative procedures such as cash sheets, check requests, invoices, registration processes, booking staff travel, drafting and distributing staff memos;
- Schedule and coordinate MDS Education Committee, CME Committee and other meetings and conference calls as assigned by the Associate Executive Director. This includes agenda preparation, meeting/event logistics and minutes.
- Schedule and coordinate any meetings or conference calls as designated by the Assistant Director of Education including the agenda, meeting logistics and minutes.
- Draft letters, correspondence and other materials with little direction.
- Schedule appointments and travel arrangements as requested.
- Work with internal departments (IS, TS, CS, Mail, Accounting, etc) as needed for MDS projects or as requested by Associate Executive Director.
- Acts as back-up for Online Program Manager’s E-learning info-box and the Education info-box.
- Support Associate Executive Director and Assistant Director of Education with incoming and outgoing emails, phone calls, correspondence, copying, filing, faxes and other educational administrative functions.
- Support Associate Executive Director in preparation of presentation materials (ie. PowerPoint presentations)
- Other duties as assigned.
AMOUNT OF TRAVEL REQUIRED:
No travel will be required
Bachelor’s degree, project management, meeting planning and communications experience preferred. Excellent organizational and verbal and written communication skills required. Word processing and proficiency in MS Office Suite essential. Familiarity with online curriculum development, LMS report generating and web conferencing preferred.
Occasional lifting of up to 50 lbs. may be required.